Citigroup on Tuesday reported third-quarter earnings and revenue that topped projections as stronger-than-expected trading results made up for weaker lending margins.
Here’s how the bank fared compared to Wall Street expectations:
- Earnings: $1.97 per share vs $1.95 per share expected by Refinitiv.
- Revenue: $18.6 billion vs $18.545 billion forecast.
- Fixed-income, currency and commodities trading revenue: $3.211 billion vs $3.09 billion expected by StreetAccount.
- Net interest margin: 2.56% vs 2.66% forecast.
- Net interest income: $11.64 billion vs $12.15 billion expected.